ARCHAEOLOGY DAY 2022
Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Visitor Center
Borrego Springs, California
The Colorado Desert Archaeology Society (CDAS), in partnership with the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, celebrate desert archaeology.
ARCHAEOLOGY DAY 2022 celebrated the park’s rich cultural resources and was held at the ABDSP Visitor Center and the Begole Archaeology Research Center (BARC) on March 13, 2022. Archaeology Day is a public education event that promotes the protection and preservation the vast cultural resources of the beautiful and vast Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.
- Archaeology in the Desert Cultural Resources in the Colorado Desert District, How to Visit an Archaeology Site, About Colorado Desert Archaeology Society
- Exhibits by the Barona Cultural Center and Museum, Imperial Valley Desert Museum, San Diego County Archaeology Society and Palomar College Archaeology Program.
- Kids Activities Including pottery making paddle and anvil construction techniques. Clay will be available for spectator participation.
- Uses of Native Plants for Food, Medicine and Construction A demonstration table showing various plants and their uses presented by the Kumeyaay-Ipai Interpretative Center in Poway.
- Guided tours of the Archaeology Lab Hourly tours were conducted by the Colorado Desert Archaeology Society volunteers.
- Virtual Archaeology ‘Field Trip’ videos of the Morteros site in Blair Valley, La Rumarosa petroglyphs, and Mojave Desert petroglyphs.
- In – person Field Trip Mine Wash Indian Village 1:30 – 4:30 pm
ARCHAEOLOGY DAY PHOTO GALLERY
Photographs courtesy of Laurie Brindle